3.3.07

VC Informal Shoot

Back to Film today. I used 2 rolls of black and white film to shoot with school's Nikon FM10.Went around the City Hall Area for a VC informal shooting with my 3 fellow VC members. This was my second time shooting black and white. Unlike first time, I gained few knowledge of photography such as aperture, shutter, ISO, etc.

So, I hoped my shoots will turn out better than those I shot very first time when I was very new to SLR last year. At that time, I didn't know all the manual funtions at all. As a result, after developing films in VC dark room, most of my shots were underexposed...

Can't wait for this coming Wednesday when I'll develop the films I shot today and may be enlarge some nice shots... Eager to regain the feeling of pulling out the film from the roll in the totally dark dark-room, washing with chemicals... index printing using different lighting during and so on... Very interesting... =)

In today digital world, films cameras seems to lost porpularity for almost customers. But, in my opinion, film camera can produce better resolution compared to digital cam. Although, it may take a few days to develop and print the shots, the whole process of developing the films is interesting and you will never know how good or bad your photos will turn out after processing especially black and white shots.

Let's go back to the today's shoot.. Walked around the Clack Quay areas to shoot first. Then at about noon, went to the new shopping centre called Central near Clark Quay. It was very new and only some shops were opened.

Then, went to KFC at Funan Mall to have luch. After that, walked around the old court, to snap some shots... The weather was very hot... Felt a bit tired... Then, went to the Esplanade, and sat and watched a performance of Huayi Festival there.

Waiting


Then, went to the roof top of the Esplanade and shot photos... Then proceeded to Suntec and Millenium Walk.

Walked back to the City Hall via the City Link. Suntec was so crowded because of a career fair and travel fair... We walked walked and walked and I felt tired... Went home at about 530pm. Felt tired and sleepy on the MRT and bus...

In short, today informal shooting was a very interesting and I gained some knowledge about photography from Serena and Suan Yang. Looking forward for more VC events like this one in the future...

Will upload some photos I shot today when I finished the darkroom session...



2 comments:

Chrisitna said...

where is your films that youa were waiting on the last wednesday???

Phyo said...

To christina - Black and white films - Kodak Tmax 100 and 400. I already developed and processed two rolls of films.