4.9.07

Golden Hour



An Ant's Life

Flower In Sunset

Exams were over. Sorry for delay in updating my blog. All subjects were quite okay for me. Waiting for the results which will be out on the 13th September.

The above photos were my very first time shooting(one day after the exam). That day, I went to library to watch movie and came back home at about 6pm. While walking from bus-stop to my home, I found that the surrounding was in golden colour from the sunset. So, I rushed home and brought my Canon 400D and started snapping!

Initially, I planned to shoot the leaves of plants which seemed to be very nice in colour. But when I saw the scene again, it was not that nice. So, I was searching something interesting to shoot. Then, I saw that mosquito resting on a leaf. It was quite difficult to shoot as my lens is not micro lens and I can only zoom in to 55mm. Need to go very near to it. Luckily, it did not fly away. May be it is sleeping or daydreaming?

Focusing was also very difficult. Needed to do manual focus in order to get a sharp focus on the mosquito.

The second photo is one of a few shots I had taken about many ants running along a fence. Photoshopped and converted into B & W.

Last photo was a flower on which the sun rays were present.

Dinner Treat
After the exam finished, went to AMK where my very nice and friendly classmates - Yuan, Gen, Hui Shan and Kai Wen - treated me dinner. Thanks them for the dinner and Ryan who drove us there. The food was nice and I was very full after eating.

No comments: