12.10.07

Disposable Camera

Here, I would like to share my photos taken during VC's latest "Back to Basics" Photo Expedition on 6 October 2007 (Saturday). As the name suggests, all of us were really back-to-basic of photography equipment: Disposable Fim Cameras which were bought by Suan Yang, the organizer of the expedition from Triple D. It is the simplest photographic equipment. No need to load film, no manual control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, zoom, etc..etc... Just frame the shot through the viewfinder and click the shutter release button. Just Point and Shoot. So, this expedition emphasize on a person's eyes for photography and composition skills, which are vital in photography.

Every body can shoot and showcase their eyes, passion, love, interest in photography without considering or wondering about photographic techniques and jargons which are used commonly in SLR/DSLR cameras. I don't mean you no need to know those stuff in photography. But for a normal person who is interested in photography but using normal digital cameras, this is the first step for the big photography world.

This reminds me of myself when I joined Visual Central last year. At that time, I have very limited knowledge about those photography terms and techniques and I was just using a simple digital camera to shoot photos. All I knew was to shoot photo when I saw something interesting. But after joining Colour/Black and White photo expeditions, I gained invaluable experiences from my seniors in VC through interacting with them and learning from them.

So, in my opinion, this expedition triggered every body's interest to shoot and learn about photography. I had a very nice time interacting with everyone, members and among main comm. It was Fun. I believe all participants also enjoyed the expedition. I also had seen many interesting and nice shots during the critic session. And I belive that VC will have many more interesting and exciting events/expedition in the future. :)

Ok.. let me stop my writings here. I have upload some photos taken during the expedition below.

#1 Reflection 1
F1000012

#2 Under Construction
Under Construction

#3
F1000024

#4 Merlion
Merlion

#5 Entry Denied
X Entry X

#6 Reflection 2
Reflection

#7 Up
Up

#8 New
New

#9 Number 9
Visual Central