26.3.08

Lomo

Here, I am going to post the pictures that I took during the VC Lomography Expedition on 8th February. This is kind of late entry due to waiting the photos to be develop and mainly my busy schedule of doing project at school. The meeting point is at Tanjong Pagar MRT station. The meeting time is 2:00 pm but I was about 10 minutes late because I woke u at around noon that day after very late morning sleep as I was participating in Laser Challenge during the night before and early morning hours. When I reached there, Deb, Clara (the two organizers), Serena, Liu Ying, Kai Xin, Sharon, Ya Wen, Pui Ye and other new members were there already. Then, at around 2:30pm, the expedition started. Clara and Deb explained the members about lomography and basic camera settings. After that, we all walked, walked and shot photos. It was an enjoyable expedition where I could practice lomography. But I not strictly followed one of the lomography rules which is "Don't Think Just Shoot" because I still think for some time such as composition,etc before shooting photos. Lomography is an interesting category in which each of film, ISO, processing (normal, crossed), and camera results in different outcome/effects in photos. Normally, cross-processing of films results in funky and saturated colours. Cameras also create effects the image such as vignetting, dreamy-soft focus, fish-eye , and so on.

Below are the 11 shots that I took using Kodak 400TX (black and white film). Thanks Serena for the film. :) It is my first time shooing black and white in medium format film.

#01


#02


#03


#04


#05


#06


#07


#08


#09


#10


#11


And the followings are taken using Agfa 100 Precia film on one day after the expedition as I didn't have enough time to shoot on the expedition. At first, I had plans of going to places such as Botanic Gardens, Kampong Glam, Labrador Park. But, unfortunately, it was a rainy day. Almost the whole day rained. So, the above plan was cancelled. Instead, I walked around my neighbourhood in the rain. So, I hold my Holga in one hand while umbrella in the other. The last two photos, I shot at Pasir Malam at night using bulb mode.

#12


#13


#14


#15


#16


#17


#18


#19


#20


#21


#22


#23


#24


#25


#26


#27


#28


#29


#30

No comments: