9.8.06

Happy Birthday Singapore

Today is Singapore's 41's birthday, or National Day. So, I wish very happy birthday to Singapore and I believe she can go up to the greatest Global City in the near future. As this year national day theme - 'Our Global City, Our home', it is indeed a home away from home for me. And I love her. What I love most about her is that all the people are enjpying the peace and harmony with one another, although there are diversity of races, religions,etc. I see the unity among the people of the Lion City. Unity is Strength.

Today is also a very happy day for me, as I experienced the National Day Parade very first time. It was held at Singapore National Stadium at Kallang on 6pm today. I saw it live on TV.. What makes me more enjoyable is the national day celebraitions hosted by TP International Students, so I would like to thank all the organizers of this event. It is an unforgettable moment. Before, international students attending TP, played many games. And at 6 sharp, we all enjoyed the live brocast of NDP.

I saw a sea of red(because almost all audience were wearing red, which I think the national colour of Singapore and also my favourite colour) people of different ages celerating Singapore's birthday at National Stadium. The parade included many different performances from different groups, and what I like most was this year National Day Song, My Island Home sang by Kaira Gong, a singaporean singer. Her voice is so sweet!!! And the firework diaplay took away the breath of every one. It was very very very fabolous. I can't find any word to discribe how happy and exciting I was.

Only the sad thing, it that it was the last time held at National Stadium. Because, next year, the National Stadium will be distroyed and rebuilt as a new sport arena. In my opinion it was a place where Nadtional Day parades, live concerts and international football matchs like Malaysia cup, SEAP games were held within 30 years ago.


The following are some info about Singapore
Singapore gained independence on 9th August 1965. Tne national language is Malay. The name of Singapore in different languages - Singapore, formally the Republic of Singapore (Malay: Republik Singapura; Chinese: 新加坡共和国, Pinyin: Xīnjiāpō Gònghéguó; Tamil: சிங்கப்பூர் குடியரசு, Ciŋkappūr Kudiyarasu),

Population(in 2005) over four million

Source, Wikepidia
So I wish MAJULAH SINGAPURA which means Onward Singapore ...................
LIONS ROARS AGAIN

1 comment:

gina said...

yeah...didn't realise ur favourite color is red...haha...

lol...u like the NDP very much?maybe u can try get the tickets next year...though i dunno where it will be held.haha...